|Wellington facts, New Zealand Guide Book - NZ weather, language, food, music, natural and political history.|
Facts About Wellington New Zealand
As of 20:58:29 22-Mar-1992
Position : 31.17S 174.47E
International Phone code +64 4
Time Zone GMT +12
Wellington City 148,000 While the population of Wellington
Upper Hutt 37,200 is less than half the region, many
Lower Hutt 95,300 people commute into the city to
Porirua 47,800 work.
City 26,625 hectares
Harbour (Pencarrow Head to Palmer Head) 8,500 hectares.
Annual sunshine; More than 2000 hours per year. In 1991
Wellington was the sunniest city in New Zealand.
Annual rainfall: 1200-1400mm per year
Average No of windy days = 199 per year
(Any day that has a wind gust over 34 knots or 63km per hour)
Average No of very windy days = 64 per year
(Over 52 knots or 96km per hour)
Mean daily maximum in summer 20.1 c
Mean daily minimum in summer 13.3 c
Mean daily maximum in winter 11.9c
Mean daily minimum in winter 6.6c
Wellington is known for its fresh air and the title "Windy Wellington" is often applied.
- Wellington is the worlds most southern capital.
- Only capital in the "Roaring Forties" latitudes (explains our wind)
- One restaurant for every day of the year, range of cuisines from Angolan to Zimbabwean.
- Nearly all residents of Wellington are within 3 km of the sea.
- Wellington airport is the busiest in the South Pacific, (mainly due to the amount of aero club flying)
- Wellington zoo (see tuatara) is the oldest in New Zealand.
Airport 8km from City. Taxi to City $25, Bus under $10.00,
Shuttle in between
Being a Capital City, Wellington hosts a number of national
headquarters. Some examples are,
email@example.com (Richard Naylor )
Organization: City Net - Wellington City Council's Community Computer Network
Formatting by firstname.lastname@example.org
- National Museum
- National Art Gallery
- National Archives
- National Library
- most Government Departments, Quangos and companies.
- Royal New Zealand Ballet Company
- New Zealand Symphony Orchestra
- National Cricket Museum
- New Zealand School of Dance
- New Zealand Cartoon Archives
New Zealand Guide Book Quick Links
Facts, Weather, Language, Food, Music, History, Hitchhicker's Guide, Natural History
Apartment - CBD
Located 200 metres from Cuba Street and its various cafes and restaurants, the 2-bedroom Apartment - CBD offers...