|Stewart Island Flights - Full Day Trip. Board one of our meticulously maintained aircraft for a Day Trip to remember. With a variety of exciting transport options from your own two feet to skimming the blue in a water taxi, this trip encompasses all that is awesome in Stewart Island.|
Stewart Island Flights - Full Day Trip
- Stewart Island
Board one of our meticulously maintained aircraft for a Day Trip to remember. With a variety of exciting transport options from your own two feet to skimming the blue in a water taxi, this trip encompasses all that is awesome in Stewart Island.
Stewart Island Flights is driven by a passion for the unique experience that Stewart Island has to offer. We appreciate that this island is like no other and wish to share this singular environment with the world. We pride ourselves on our friendly staff and providing the best service to cater for all visitors to this native paradise.
Full Day Trip
- Scenic flight from Invercargill to Stewart Island
- 15 minute walk to Golden Bay to meet your water taxi to Ulva Island open bird sanctuary.
- Spend an hour or two on Ulva Island strolling the excellent walking tracks amongst predator free podocarp forest, home to many endangered species.
- Return to Golden Bay, walk over to Oban township, where you may purchase lunch at one of the many and varied dining establishments.
- Depart for a 1½ hour bus tour on the Island Explorer exploring landmarks and the history behind Stewart Island with your local guide.
- Spend time exploring, buying a souvenir, or just absorb the tranquillity of the island.
- Return flight to Invercargill with Stewart Island Flights.
"A place where native plants an birds can live safely and the public can enjoy them"
No trip to Stewart Island is complete without a visit to Ulva Island. As the southern-most open bird sanctuary , the Ulva experience is inimitable.
Enjoy the splendour of nature amidst the otherworldly native forest of towering rimu and totara standing among lush fernery. Because the island is completely predator free, the bird population has flourished.
Visitors to the island are greeted by the ethereal birdsong of tui and bellbirds and shortly encounter the inquisitive weka, fantails and unique Stewart Island robins. The island also boasts numerous seabirds, oystercatchers, kaka, kakariki, woodpigeon and a few kiwi.
Ulva Island is one of the remarkable gems that make a trip to Stewart Island exceptional.
PO Box 860
- Guest House.
Offering a barbecue and views of the sea, Anchorstone is set in Half-moon Bay. Free WiFi is available and free private...