|Rippled Earth Kayaking. Join us on a kayak adventure across one of New Zealand's most scenic mountain lakes within the Southern Alps. Two great kayaking tours leave from Glenorchy's shores at the head of Lake Wakatipu, only 40 minutes from Queenstown.|
Rippled Earth Kayaking
Join us on a kayak adventure across one of New Zealand's most scenic mountain lakes within the Southern Alps. Two great kayaking tours leave from Glenorchy's shores at the head of Lake Wakatipu, only 40 minutes from Queenstown.
Our trips run from November through to May and are suitable for everyone 8 years and older, and exclusive or group packages are available on request.
- Complimentary refreshments. (Please let us know if you have any food allergies or special diet requirements.)
- Coach transfer from Queenstown, meeting at Corner of Shotover and Camp Street
- Highly trained and knowledgeable guides
- Sea kayaks
- All safety and kayaking equipment
- Dry bag for camera
Glenorchy Islands Safari
This safari launches from the shores near Glenorchy. A short paddle across the lake will take you to a secluded beach on either Pigeon or Pig Island. The Islands on Lake Wakatipu have played a significant part in this areas diverse history. They are now an important natural reserve surrounded by the breathtaking mountainous backdrop of the Southern Alps.
- Easy 45 minute paddle across Lake Wakatipu. (Same paddle time back)
- Guided walk through Island's beech forest
- Photograph endangered bird life including New Zealand Weka
- Refreshments on the beach.
Kayak and Dinner on Sunset at the head of Lake Wakatipu
You will find two small towns, Glenorchy and Kinloch, between the Humboldt and Richardson Mountain ranges and separated by Lake Wakatipu. From Glenorchy you will earn your dinner with a short, quiet paddle across Lake Wakatipu, past the Rees and Dart River confluences, to the historic Kinloch Lodge.
For the trip you will need to bring suitable outdoor clothing, walking shoes or sneakers, sunglasses and sunscreen and your camera!
- 45 minutes easy paddle to the historic lodge at Kinloch. (Same paddle time back)
- Chance to change into something more comfortable for dinner
- Excellent dinner prepared by Kinloch Lodge's chef
- At twilight, kayak home on glassy waters with shadows filling the valleys behind you.
Gem on Shotover
Gem on Shotover in Queenstown offers accommodation with free WiFi, 3.5 km from Queenstown Event Centre, 4.3 km from AJ...
Lake Wakatipu and Kawarau River Jet Boat Ride
- Jet Boating - Queenstown. Starting from $125.00 per person
Feel your adrenaline soar as you zoom along Lake Wakatipu and the Kawarau River during a 1-hour Queenstown jet boat...