|Milford Experience Scenic Tour (return from Queenstown). A day excursion to one of the world's greatest natural wonders. Enjoy a spectacular day in the Fiordland World Heritage Park culminating with a cruise of famous Milford Sound.|
Milford Experience Scenic Tour (return from Queenstown)
Price: Starting from NZ $200 per person
A day excursion to one of the world's greatest natural wonders. A vaste remote wilderness of white snow- capped mountains, glacial lakes and valleys, fiords, waterfalls and dense rainforests. Enjoy a spectacular day in the Fiordland World Heritage Park culminating with a cruise of famous Milford Sound.
NOTE: If you wish to stay longer at any overnight location, extra days can be inserted into the tour.
Please request the extra days when you book.
As you leave Queenstown, you will follow State Highway 6 south east, around the banks of the spectacular Lake Wakatipu. In total you will cover slightly over 610 kms (379 miles) as you make your way through the stunning world Heritage sight of Milford Sound.
At approx. 10am you will have a refreshment stop in Te Anau (own cost). Once you depart Te Anau you are into the Fiordland National Park. The road into Milford in itself a spectacular drive. Stunning landscapes, mountainous ranges and natural untouched rainforests greet you.
Some places you may stop at are:
- Eglington Valley - A deep valley between 2 of the regions mountains, offers spectacular photo opportunities.
- Mirror lakes - enjoy a brief walk through the trees to the lake edge and witness the mirrored reflection of the surrounding mountain ranges on the lakes surface (on a clear day).
- Knobs Flat - Here you will have an opportunity for a brief toilet stop. Take a moment to view the static displays of the area.
- Monkey Creek - Now deep in the Fiordland National Park, the natural beauty and purity of the area can be seen. Take your drink bottle and fill it with the fresh clear water from Monkey Creek.
On arrival into Milford (1.30pm) you join the 'Milford Eco Cruise for a 1.5 hour cruise of Milford. Your boxed lunch will be on board for you to enjoy at your leisure.
At the end of the cruise re-join your coach for your journey back to Queenstown. A stop is made in Te Anau late afternoon for refreshments (own cost). Arrive back into Queenstown approx. 7.45pm.
- Apartment, Holiday Home, Long Term, Luxury Accommodation.
Pounamu Apartments offer 5 Star luxury accommodation with stunning lake and mountain views in a convenient location,...