|The Rock Overnight Cruise. Sunrise at sea is spectacular and can be seen from the comfort of your bed, what a great way to start the day! Bay of Islands The Rock Overnight Boat Cruise is simply 22 hours of cruising, amazing fun, exploring and relaxing. Just three hours north of Auckland lies 144 unspoiled sub-tropical islands and a myriad of secluded beaches.|
The Rock Overnight Cruise
Sunrise at sea is spectacular and can be seen from the comfort of your bed, what a great way to start the day! Bay of Islands The Rock Overnight Boat Cruise is simply 22 hours of cruising, amazing fun, exploring and relaxing.
Whether it is swimming under the Milky Way, target shooting, beautiful island walks, diving for fresh mussels, visiting remote islands, kayaking the stunning coastlines, night kayaking in a phosphorescence fireworks display or checking out the wildlife your highlights will be many.
The Rock Bay of Islands Overnight cruise was created to give visitors to the area time to experience the regions splendour in a relaxed and fun environment.
Taking a former car ferry and converting her into the perfect platform for an overnight cruise was a labour of love and now provides the perfect adventure in the Bay of Islands.
Just three hours north of Auckland lies 144 unspoiled sub-tropical islands and a myriad of secluded beaches.
The calm waters, sandy beaches and exhilarating scenery, makes it obvious first choice for international sailing yachts as well as Kiwi holiday makers.
- Shooting Competition
- 2 - 3 hrs cruising to the outer islands
- Dusk fishing for Snapper
- Buffet dinner on sunset
- Night Kayaking
- Star & Planet Talk
- Night Swimming
- Music, Bar and Log Fire
- Pool Competition
- Sunrise and Breakfast
- Cruising and Exploring
- Sea kayaking in the clear island waters
- Snorkelling and Mussel diving
- Island walks
- Beachcombing, cricket, rugby
- Natural experiences, rare sea birds, schooling fish, penguins, dolphins
The Rock's size allows all the cabins to be situated upstairs with windows to take in the incredible views and balcony access to two quiet observation sun-decks. Downstairs has everything from a log fire, bar, piano, free pool table, lounge, dining area and a large fishing and kayaking ramp. Take a look at the upstairs layout and specifications of the vessel before you book.
- Over 27m long, 9m wide & cruises at 4-6 knots
- 1 x Double Private cabin
- 4 x Four berth private cabins
- 3 x Six berth shared cabins all with sea views
- Sleeps up to 36 guests
- Open fireplace and free pool table
- Outside decks & two upstairs viewing platforms
- Tables and Dining for up to 50 guests
- Complete stereo system, piano, guitars & other musical instruments
- By far the best money we've spent in New Zealand the staff were efficient, friendly and knowledgeable. Loved it - Jess and Mike UK
- Everything that this boat promised, it delivered. -Joanne, NZ
- Still six weeks of our New Zealand holiday to go but we're prepared to bet that our cruise on "The Rock' will be the BEST experience of the whole trip. - Marian & Roger UK
- Wonderful & fantastically action packed yet peaceful & tranquil at the same time. - Dominic & Laverne UK
- The best way to fall in love with New Zealand. - Maren, Germany
- Never though you could have so much fun on a car ferry. - Will/Dave, England
- It's a rare thing to find such a treasure as "the Rock" trip. Your excursion is truly the highlight of our New Zealand trip. - Wink & Peggy, USA
- Living proof that even oldies can thoroughly enjoy this overnighter. Great crew, great food, great company.
Panorama Heights Apartment
Situated in Paihia, this apartment is 4.2 km from Opua Forest. Featuring panoramic views to Russell and Waitangi, this...
Private Tour: Half-Day Bay of Islands Tour
- Private Tour - Paihia. Starting from $188.00 per person
See Bay of Islands your way, on a private sightseeing tour of the region’s major attractions and highlights. Your...