|Te Waonui Forest Retreat. Natural and sustainable luxury nestled amongst native West Coast rainforest. This retreat has a very special 5 star qualmark rating.|
Te Waonui Forest Retreat
Hotel, Luxury Accommodation, Retreat - Westland
Visit our website to view and book special hotel deals
Nestled amongst native West Coast rainforest at Franz Josef is a very special five-star retreat. Designed with utmost care of its precious environment, guests at Te Waonui Forest Retreat will find themselves encircled by rainforest and accommodated in natural and sustainable luxury. Te Waonui Forest Retreat promises guests a truly unique and memorable experience.
At one with nature, Te Waonui Forest Retreat is the ultimate coming together of luxury escape and environmental awareness. Great care has been taken to ensure this exceptional forest retreat steps lightly upon the earth, from the organic cotton bedspreads to its recycled local building materials.
Exceptional quality and service:
- Luxuriously appointed guest rooms, generously proportioned and featuring the highest standard of room amenities, such as your personal pillow menu, natural wool mattress underlay, and high speed Internet access
- Dining among the trees in 'The Canopy' restaurant, and savouring quality local cuisine, including an indulgent five-course degustation dinner
- Innovative, environmentally sustainable architecture and building materials that create a healthy, warm and quiet haven for you to enjoy
- Easy access to many excellent local attractions, including the Fox and Franz Josef Glaciers, just minutes away
Guest Accommodation and Facilities
Te Waonui has 100 guest rooms, comprising four separate accommodation wings; known as Kahikatea, Totara, Rimu and Matai, all linked by covered walkways.
This retreat offers a choice of bedding and bathroom configurations with rooms featuring either a Super King or two Queen Beds. Special attention has been given to guest bedding by adding soft woolen underlays and plush down and wool duvets for extra comfort. Most rooms have large walk in showers but many also feature baths with a separate shower or a combined.
All rooms include:
Convenience and comfort:
- Heat pump temperature control system
- Luxurious bed linen
- Pillow menu
- Private balcony or courtyard
- Electronic security key system
- In room safe for personal use
- Entertainment suite including LCD TV, Sky movies and music options
- Ironing facilities
- Free wireless internet access
- Personal beverage selection including teas, coffee and mini-bar
- The Canopy Restaurant
- Cafe and bar
- 24-hour reception
- 24-room service
- Two complimentary guest laundries
- Free internet access
- Complimentary valet guest parking
- Concierge service
- Local activity desk
- Designated tour group booking area
- Twin check-in desks for independent travellers
3 Wallace Street, Franz Josef Glacier 7886
58 On Cron Motel
58 On Cron is located the rainforest, 5 minutes from Franz Josef town centre. The glacier is a 10-minute drive away....
17-Day Kiwi Explorer
- Multi-day Tour - Te Anau. Starting from $3034.81 per person
Arrive at Auckland Airport on Day 1, transfer to your accommodation and settle in. Visit the Waitomo Caves on Day 2 to...