Heartland Hotel Fox Glacier
Historic, Hotel - Fox Glacier
Visit our website to view and book special hotel deals|
Conveniently located in Fox Glacier village (population 280), Heartland Hotel Fox Glacier is the perfect 'base camp' for discovering this spectacular area. Have fun exploring the great outdoors by day, then reflect on your adventures each evening as you enjoy our warm hospitality and cosy setting.
The historic Heartland Hotel Fox Glacier originally opened in 1928 and has provided a comfortable bed for the night for more than its fair share of climbers and adventurers from all corners of the world. Restored in 2007, the hotel proudly continues its tradition, with modern comforts.
With the mighty Southern Alps as its backdrop, the hotel offers fantastic rural and mountain views.
Dining at the Mountain Goats Cafe and Climber's Rest Bar
You can be assured that at either of our two dining options situated within the Heartland Hotel Fox Glacier, you will be getting an honest, tasty and warming West Coast meal filled with local delicacies like whitebait, or warming Kiwi favourites to refuel you after a day of glacier activities. Our full buffet breakfasts will also well prepare you for whatever the day ahead brings.
Guest Accommodation and Facilities
The hotel has a wide range of accommodation including two suites, 32 superior rooms, 19 standard rooms, eight budget rooms with ensuites and eight budget rooms with shared facilities. All suites include high-speed wireless internet access & LCD TVs. All suites and superior rooms are equipped with:
All rooms apart from the budget rooms have:
- Wireless Internet
- Electric blankets
As our guest you will enjoy:
- Hot drink making facilities
We look forward to welcoming you to Fox Glacier soon.
- A choice of room styles to meet your requirements and budget, all featuring quality room amenities.
- Mouth-watering dining options to fuel you for your outdoor activities, including the Mountain Goat's Café for breakfast and dinner, and The Climber's Rest Bar, the perfect place to unwind and share adventure stories.
- Convenient hotel facilities, including Internet lounge and a guest laundry.
- Helpful friendly staff, ready to help make your stay memorable, and assist you in discovering the local attractions, including the world famous Fox Glacier and Lake Matheson, both just minutes away.
Heartland Hotel Glacier Country conference facilities offer a great venue for a corporate retreat in the wilderness. The hotel has a medium sized conference room that can cater for groups of 10 to 60 people in a range of seating configurations.
The hotel's Sir William Fox Restaurant offers superb catering options. We can also assist with arranging social activities for your group so that they can experience the true serenity of the West Coast.
11 Cook Flat Road, Fox Glacier 7886
Heartland Hotel Glacier Country
Heartland Hotel Glacier Country is privileged to be located within a unique world heritage area. The internationally...
Mount Cook Scenic Flight
- Air Tour - Wanaka. Starting from NZ $435.00 per person
A breathtaking flight following the Southern Alps right to New Zealand's highest Peak of 3753 metres. Magnificent views...