|Scenic Hotel Southern Cross. Dunedin's largest and most prestigious hotel, the Scenic Hotel Southern Cross, enjoys a premium location in the heart of the city. Just a short walk from the Octagon, railway station, theatres, shops, and close to Otago University, it is the perfect location from which to explore Dunedin.|
Scenic Hotel Southern Cross
Hotel - Dunedin
Visit our website to view and book special hotel deals
Dunedin's largest and most prestigious hotel, the Scenic Hotel Southern Cross, enjoys a premium location in the heart of the city. Just a short walk from the Octagon, railway station, theatres, shops, and close to Otago University, it is the perfect location from which to explore Dunedin.
Dating back to 1883, this landmark building now blends Dunedin's distinctive charm and heritage with the modern day comforts guests demand. Your every comfort is well provided for, with 178 attractive rooms and suites, extensive hotel facilities, and a very high standard of service.
Guest Accommodation and Facilities
All rooms and suites include:
- Sky TV
- Clock radio
- Ironing facilties
- Hot drink making facilities
- Free wireless Internet access
As our guest you will enjoy:
For your convenience the Scenic Hotel Southern Cross has...
- A choice of room styles, including standard rooms and sumptuously furnished suites up to a four-star-plus standard, with quality room amenities.
- Superb dining options in our selection of restaurants, cafe and bar.
- High quality hotel facilities for business and pleasure, including extensive conference and meeting facilities.
- Easy access to Dunedin's best local attractions and city highlights.
- Excellent customer service to ensure your stay is enjoyable and memorable.
- 24-hour reception
- 24-hour room service
- Two guest laundries
- Valet laundry & dry-cleaning service (available six days)
- Ice making machine
- Gym with sunbed
- Free Wireless Internet access
- Business services and extensive conference facilities
- Complimentary ground level & underground car parking
- Tourist information & booking service
As Dunedin's oldest and most established hotel, the Scenic Hotel Southern Cross appreciate that people like a selection when deciding where they would like to enjoy a meal or a quiet drink. With four wining and dining establishments throughout the hotel, not to mention the Dunedin Casino that is within the original hotel building, there are options to suit everyone's tastes from light cafe snacks to brasserie style full meals.
As Dunedin's largest and most established accommodation and conference hotel, Scenic Hotel Southern Cross suits conferences, press receptions, seminars, interviews and social events.
With eight function rooms available from the Heritage Room, which offers the grandness and opulence of the Victorian era, to our smaller meeting rooms, Scenic Hotel Southern Cross is well equipped to host your event. Our on-site events planner will help tailor our resources to your individual needs. Business services and a full range of presentation equipment, including high-speed internet, are available.
118 High Street, Dunedin 9016
Hulmes Court Bed And Breakfast
- Bed and Breakfast.
Offering free Wi-Fi, free breakfast and free off-street parking, Hulmes Court B&B is set in a Victorian mansion and...
- Rail Tour - Dunedin. Starting from NZ $89.00 per adult
- Railway Station.
Run by the Taieri Gorge Railway, The Seasider train is Dunedin's scenic coastal tourist train operating from the...